My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://2becouponchic.com
and update your bookmarks.

Holiday Gift Guide on a Budget



Remember my post about the FREE Shutterfly book HERE?

Well...photobooks...that's the Budget Friendly gift item that I'd like to talk about today.

Last year we took the kids to DisneyLand.  There's a fun adventure that the kids can participate in where they fight with Darth Vader.  Now...my boys ARE HUGE Star Wars fans and this was the highlight of their Disney vacation (sorry Mickey).  When Eli, then 6, was picked to participate in the Jedi training school...his face just beamed with joy.  Then, he it was his turn to go on the stage with his light saber and battle Darth Vader.  He looked so scared...he hardly swung that light saber (and  you KNOW how the kids swing those things at home!).  After it was over...I asked Eli why he didn't fight more with Darth Vader...and he said ,"mom...I was scared for my life.  I thought I was going to die!"

That moment was so precious for me.  It reminded me of his innocence...how he still believes in movies, fairy tales....the vacation that we saved for was worth every penny we spent.  And Eli...STILL talks about his "near death" experience.

So, last year when one of the free photobook offers were available...I JUMPED on it!  Here's what I did with MY book.

I made a storybook about the Adventures of Eli, the young Jedi in training and how he has to save the universe from the evil Darth Vader.

Eli is an avid reader.  So, I made the book like a story book...that tells the story.
Notice my words...."IN a galaxy far, far, away...."

 
Young Eli DOES end up defeating Darth Vader and the universe is finally safe.   Eli still LOVES this book.  It sits on our bookshelf and he reads it as much as Junie B. Jones  and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. 

So....my gift idea for YOU is to keep your eyes open for these FREE offers...and not only just add photos and captions...but, make a storybook for your kids, grandparents, friends....let your imagination run wild.  

I hope you liked this idea.  Let me know if you decide to make a story photo book for yourself!

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

 

Coupon Chic Copyright © 2009 Summer cloud is Designed by Bie also edited by Haqieart