My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://2becouponchic.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe you're going to LOVE

I recently posted this on my family blog....but, I'd like to share it with more people to enjoy!


FIRST...you need to bake those potatoes (or microwave them). I punched some holes in them with a fork...and baked them at 350 until they were soft when I poked them!
After they cool...peel off the skin and mash them in a bowl. The recipe calls for 3 cups of sweet potatoes (I ended up tripling this recipe)
Then, add ONE CUP of Sugar (don't worry, this is a low fat recipe)
Next, add 1/2 cup of melted butter (I tripled this...that's why all the butter!)
AND...add 2 eggs
Then, we need to pour in 1/2 cup of milk (ok...I really did use low fat milk)
Stir it all up with a fork and then just pour it in a pan. I baked one set in this throw away tin and another set in a glass pyrex dish. (doesn't matter...just leave room on top--fill the pan about half full)
NOW...it's time to make the topping:
SERIOUSLY...this is the best part...double or triple the recipe!
Throw ONE CUP of brown sugar in a bowl (I used light brown sugar)
Then, add 1/3 cup of flour
Pour 1/3 cup of melted butter in
How about adding ONE cup of chopped pecans
(I had to actually pay for these...back in NC, you just picked them off the ground!)
NOW...stir it up! It will be thick...don't worry.
So with the thick stuff, just take it in your hands and start crumbling it onto the sweet potatoes.
See....keep dropping it...it will spread out as it cooks...so drop away (perfect for the kids to help now)
AND...you're ready to bake at 350 for about 30 minutes....I ended up baking mine for 45 (because I baked it WITH the ham also....you'll smell it if it starts to burn)
Let me know if you try it...trust me though...you're going to LOVE it!

If you have a recipe you'd like to share, or you'd like to see MORE recipes....link up Hoosier Homemade on her Friday Favorites!

friday-favorites_button


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Charlene on November 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM said...

This is the same recipe I use--my husband eats it instead of dessert!

T n T - K n K on November 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM said...

Can I just say I love the picture of the nuts dropping. Did you plan that capture with a low aperture and high speed??? That's awesome am!!
And......of course it looks yummy! Anything sweet potato has my vote. Is that pan for me...I'll be back from Target around noon ;-)

Hoosier Homemade on November 13, 2009 at 4:53 AM said...

We Sweet Potatoes at our house for the holidays. Thanks for joining in the fun at Friday Favorites!
~Liz

Joyful on November 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM said...

I don't think I've ever had it fixed this way before. Sure looks tempting.
Thanks

 

Coupon Chic Copyright © 2009 Summer cloud is Designed by Bie also edited by Haqieart